In addition to applying to WCJC, you MUST also apply directly to and be accepted into the Fire Academy.
- Submit a completed WCJC Admissions Application to the Registrar’s Office.
- Make an appointment with one of the WCJC Testing Centers (Sugar Land or Wharton) to
take the Reading Placement Test, if you have not already passed THEA or are THEA exempt.
A minimum score of 18 on the RPT or a THEA reading score of 230 is required to be
accepted into the Fire Academy. *Please call 1-800-561-9252 ext. 6386 for Wharton
campus or 1-800-561-9252 ext. 8434 for Sugar Land campus.
- Return the Fire Academy Application Form with the reading test results to the Fire Training Program Office. Upon receipt of
these forms, an academy packet will be mailed to you.
- Contact your personal physician for a physical and drug screen. See Academy packet
- Register for classes at any of our three campuses, using the RED WCJC Class Schedule
Sheet. See Academy packet for details.
- Pay tuition and fees at the time of registration.
- You MUST meet on the prescribed date and time for the Fire Academy orientation class.
NOTE: Please wait to gather any items needed for the academy until you have attended the orientation class. You will be given additional information at orientation.