- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Successfully complete all entry tests and forms as required by the WCJC Fire Academy.
- Pass a Physical and Drug Exam.
- Not have been convicted of any felony offense at any time.
- Not have been convicted of an offense above a Class C Misdemeanor within the last five (5) years.
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the GED test.
Academy students will need to register for all 7 courses during one semester.
|FIRS 1401||Fire Fighter Certification I||4|
|FIRS 1507||Fire Fighter Certification II||5|
|FIRS 1313||Fire Fighter Certification III||3|
|FIRS 1319||Fire Fighter Certification IV||3|
|FIRS 1423||Fire Fighter Certification V||4|
|FIRS 1329||Fire Fighter Certification VI||3|
|FIRS 1433||Fire Fighter Certification VII||4|
|26 semester hours|
Capstone Experience – Upon successful completion of the Fire Academy, a Certification Exam administered by the Texas Commission on Fire Protection, will be taken.